Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, February 26, 2007

Finally, IK Spring 2007 arrived!

I have been watching on other blogs and thought my postie had turned into a knitter and was borrowing my IK! It did arrive today and I was excited, as the preview really intrigued me and I thought there were a couple of patterns I might like to knit.

I was a bit disappointed, and now I can see only one I might knit and that is the Cable Down Raglan on page 42. I love the colour, but I would make the sleeves longer. Most of the other patterns I find just too young for me. I do like the Roza's Socks by Grumperina - and maybe I will knit a pair of them.

The one sweater that really caught my eye was this one on page 71. I googled, after finding out that Westminster Fibers is a wholesale operation and my LYS does not carry those yarns. To make a long story short, I was able to run the pattern to earth. I called Ram Wools and they have the pattern book that this sweater is in! It is back ordered, but that is not a worry, as I have lots to work on at present.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I'm so glad you found the sweater pattern. I looked and looked the other night and couldn't find it! I'll check Ram Wools too.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

That's funny, Peg, I had almost the same reaction to the IK Spring. I was waiting and waiting for it, but wasn't so thrilled after I looked through. And the same Nashua sweater caught my eye! Nice to know where it can be found. :0)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I'm with you on the current issue, funny how some can be picnic packed with patterns I love, and here and there an issue with very little to my tastes.
That Nashua sweater is pretty!

3:38 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

Yep. I like that pattern too. Good for you for hunting it down!

5:52 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhh peg I loooove that sweater! I need to make it!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

My favorite from that magazine is the Cable Down Raglan too - I know someone just started a KAL for it.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting