Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Version of Green Gables!

Here is my version of Green Gables. It took me a week to knit it from Debbie Bliss Cathay! I love the colour and I know it is not as snug as the original, but I prefer things a bit less revealing of my figure. I also did seed or moss stitch instead of 1x1 ribbing! I hope to get lots of wear from it this summer and now will watch for a nice black rayon/linen to make a pair of drawstring pants with a loose leg! I have some nice black sandals and a bit of jewelery to go with it - now just bring on the chilled white wine and a BBQ!



Here is another project I have on the needles. It is the Ultra Silk from Berroco I had mentioned. I love the colour and I call it Sea Foam - better than just a number; and it would also go perfectly with the black pants - maybe another pair of pants in a taupe or white would give me a couple of outfits for summer!!



This yarn, Ultra Silk, is a dream to knit with and it has terrific stitch definition. I am so pleased that the yarn went on sale, and when I was back at my LYS today they still had some white and soft blush pink on sale! No - I did not buy it, but I will show you tomorrow what I did buy!

Oh yes, I am no longer an ebay virgin! Is that too much information? Anyway, Jo, of Celtic Memory Yarns had some blue denim cotton on ebay and I was the lucky winner. Oh yes, I was also able to order some extra for a cropped cardi for summer, fall, winter and spring. Isn't it true that denim is in season all year long. When I grow old I shall wear purple and any other thing I want to!

Now off to knit!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rositta said...

Purple and red, good colors...joint the red hat society, I sure will when I get a little older...ciao

5:33 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

The Green Gables is gorgeous and looks stunning on you! Your new project looks very pretty, another beautiful colour for you. You have been so productive! I'm in awe!
What's that pattern?
Looking forward to seeing your new goodies!

4:07 AM  
Blogger LaurieM said...

The sweater is beautiful on you. As usual! :-)

4:14 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Peg, you look wonderful, as always! Did you enjoy the pattern? I've been thinking about knitting it, myself. :0)

The Sea Foam is a beautiful colour, and I love the stitch detail at the sides.

9:52 AM  
Blogger KimK said...

That Green Gables turned out great! Now I want to knit it even more than before... Guess I'll add it to the list.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting