Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, March 05, 2007

Not just about knitting today!

I know, I started this blog because of my knitting, but I do other things in life, so I will not be just about knitting anymore! I enjoy a bit of diversity in other 'knitting' blogs, so hopefully this won't be a problem - anyway, it seems I write this blog mainly for myself, about myself and what I love! I do enjoy all those who visit and comment! I have made some good blogging friends through this adventure. How would I learn about new books; new recipes; the weather in Lapland; what young women are thinking these days; and I could go on and on! Still, it is much like keeping a bit of a journal and this is the longest stretch that I have written. I have been writing a weekly update letter to family and friends for over five years on the internet, but about 10 years before that by hand writing! I have kept all the letters I sent via email, and it is a journal of sorts!

I love to garden. I went into a shop the other day and there was the rack with seeds. I always grow sweet peas - and could not resist this package of a variety of orange/red sweet peas. I always save some from the previous year, so these should be a nice addition to the mix. Soon, I will soak the seeds in tepid water and then make a trench in the garden and plant them - they will take time, but so long as we do not have too much rain in the next month or so (who am I kidding, it is March and then April) I will have sweet peas in bloom in late June!

The other pack of seeds is double morning glories! I usually grow the beautiful blue single ones, but decided I wanted to give this new variety a try! I do not plant them early, and usually start them in pots in the greenhouse first and then transplant!



I have been knitting! I finished "Green Gables" in the beautiful raspberry cotton. It is at present blocking, so a photo will appear in a few days. I started another summer sweater in a Sea Foam Green (my name for the colour) from Berroco Ultra Silk. The sweater I am knitting was sent to my LYS as a sample! I admired it and then looked at the yarn and realized that it was a bit pricey! The sweater would have cost me over $150, but then the pattern and yarn went on for half off - I was in at the drop of a stitch and bought up the yarn. It is so wonderful to knit with and tomorrow I will show you the top in progress.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I can't wait to see your Green Gable! I bet it is really pretty in raspberry. I like reading about other bloggers' lives too - not just knitting - it's interesting!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Just reading about the sweet peas makes me think ahead to summer - good luck with them, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in bloom in due course.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Green Gable - I've loved that pattern since it first came out!

I bought my first package of seeds the other day, too. The plain old blue morning glories - have you ever tried starting them by seed? I was thinking of trying them inside this year (May still seems so far away!)

2:07 PM  
Blogger KimK said...

Ooh, I love Green Gable; I can't wait to see it. I've been eyeing that pattern for months now. I'd love to try it!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I love the colour of those SweetPeas! Looks to be a lovely coral type.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting