Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tete a Tete - small but beautiful!

These little daffodils, or as I call them 'daffs' are from my garden! I have only ever bought one package of the bulbs to plant, but every spring in our local grocers, there are pots of these little daffs and I bring home a pot or two and enjoy them on my table! After they give me their beautiful blooms for that spring, out they go and are dug into the garden. The offering the next spring may not be too spectacular, but after that they do give me the most beautiful show in spring.

I like them in combination with the ceramic pears. I love pears to eat, to display, to needlework, just any way at all, I love pears. My all time favourite eating pear is the Bosc pear!



I have been knitting, but not much to show for my time spent just enjoying the rhythm of the needles. Perhaps another day - I so want to start the EZ vests!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Daffodils are so cheerful aren't they? How can you look at them and not smile. And pears, yum. Two of my favorite things!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

I love those dainty little daffs, too, and the paperwhites with their gorgeous scent. Jan is right about the cheerful nature of those flowers.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Outi Loimaranta said...

Hi Peg, thanks for your nice comment in my blog!
Daffodils are a sure sign of spring, one of my favorites!

And thank you for offering the pelargonium cuttings, you're right they wouldn't survive the trip. Luckily I got an offer a bit closer, a sweet blogger will be sending my MÃ¥rbacka cuttings in a while! We do have lots of pelargoniums available here too, but it is difficult to get the exact species you want, if you are a pelargonium enthusiast. The MÃ¥rbacka variety I'm looking for is an old, old classic Swedish type and beautiful as ever (I have a photo of it in one of my earlier posts). Take care and keep on knitting! :-)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

The daffs are beauties!
I'm with you on the pears, love them love them!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Isn't it magical how they just keep coming back? My hyacinths are just coming up, and I can't wait to see them all blooming again. Like you, I can't walk past a pot of them in the store!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I like to read blogs, because that helps me to understand how much we live on a small planet !
At the same time, when you put daffodils on your desk far west of Canada, I put daffodils on my table, with the same joy, far east of France. And when I read on Wendy's blog ("Wendy knits") that her cat, Lucy is "losing her wintercoat", I can understand why there are so many cat's hair on my sofa...Gypsie (my cat !)is losing her wintercoat too ! Really a small planet !

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting