Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, March 22, 2007

What to do? Move or not?

I have been busy trying to decide about my blog. It may be me, but sometimes I could throttle blogger with a bit of yarn!

Anyway, here is some knitting to show!

This is the back of Cul de Sac - since this photo, I have completed the left front and am ready to cast on for the right front. I think this is the most challenging knit I have undertaken so far. On the front, you would be knitting cables on either side of the front, decreasing for the armhole and also for the front, but not on the same row! I hope to get lots of wear out of this vest, as it is certainly blessed!!

Here is another EZ Rib Warmer vest. I am knitting it for a gift and, as I write this, it is finished and another RW vest is on the needles in a soft rose. This vest looks beige in the photo, but actually it is a soft green!

I am off tomorrow to a knitters' retreat on Quadra Island - those of you who have taken a cruise ship to Alaska will go by Quadra Island on your way north! There will be 40 knitters there, so it should be fun. I am really looking forward to the weekend, as today we go to the third funeral/memorial service this month! I want to have a break and laugh and knit!! Will bring you up to date on what happens next week!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Wow - Cul de Sac looks great! Sounds like you will have a great time at the knitter's retreat. Is Brenda going to this as well?

Wish I would have heard about it!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Have a fun weekend -- sounds wonderful.

Love that Cul de Sac vest and happy to see another Rib Warmer. I've got another in the works, too.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Peg - have a fun and relaxing time on your little island trip and keep those needles clicking!
Come back safely and tell us all about it.
Mary.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Wishing you the best of times at the retreat, sounds like a real treat.
Cul de Sac is looking beautiful! I'm waiting for the book with the ribwarmer vest in it, you've inspired me so...I also found an Elsebeth Lavold the 2nd viking knits collection at the lys that closed down to relocate and reopen brand new...got the book for 75% off! It has a similar pattern as the Cul de Sac.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Looove Cul de Sac!
BTW, since many nag about blogger (fully right), some switched to wordpress!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

See you soon Peg!
Forgot to mention on the phone....someone who has been to Homewood said to bring slippers, as they don't like you to wear outside shoes in the main lodge. And since it looks like it is going to be cool weather......

8:38 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

The Cul de Sac vest is beautiful - you are clever! Have a good weekend

11:54 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

That is one lovely pattern. I haven't been to Alaska but it is on plan for this summer if I can get Mom in shape physically. A knitter's retreat sounds like heaven...enjoy, ciao

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting