Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, September 16, 2007

This is embarassing!
Hi knitters! My name is Isla and I am a Cairn Terrier. I would rather be sleeping, but the knitter in the house needed a model for this scarf she knit yesterday! She got the pattern from someone named Kate who also has a blog - whatever that is!! She made this for my buddy, Madeline, who moved away - darn, 'cause I really like her.

She is not much of a photographer, and she did crop these photos, but that did not work for her either. She also does not know how to set up the 'photo shoot', so I will just rearrange this darned thing! However, I must admit that I do look good in this orange boucle!

There, that is much better. You know, I am a reluctant model, but I am not anorexic, and I do only get paid in dog cookies.

Perhaps the knitter in this house will put down the needles, books and garden tools and write in this thing called a 'blog' a bit more often!

15 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Too funny! Your model seemed rather pleased.
In honest disclosure, the pattern came from Shan, one of my blog team-mates over at Riverstitch. We have been confused by a few people in the blog-sphere, so no worries! A team blog will do that :)
As long as a paycheque shows up this week I am planning to come down to Village Yarns - will let you know what day.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Isla is adorable and doing a lovely job as scarf model!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Isla looks very good in that colour!

3:28 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Dear Isla, that colour is great on you! When's your next 'catwalk' appearance going to be and what will you be wearing?

9:45 AM  
Blogger KimK said...

Tee hee hee...
You know what, Peg? I think knitting is more fun than blogging, so I can hardly blame you for not posting. It's good to see you when you pop up, but you deserve to enjoy yourself, too!

10:58 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Paparazzi these days! Whats a celeb to do? Cute dog, nice scarf!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Peg, that has to be the cutest little doggie ever! All ready for the cold weather months too - you are such a sweetie to knit for everyone, pets included!

Know what you mean about no time - dh says I'm now addicted to blogging!! But, I just can't keep up with everyone the way I would like to - not enough hours in the day is right!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Isla, I can only apologise for myself and my fellow knitters - we simply can't resist trying out our work on faithful friends like you. But you do look dignified and enduring in it, and you have to admit it's rather beautiful...

(You could always sneak it away and tear it to shreds and bury it, as a kind of revenge. Just suggesting...)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Hi Peg, I'm back and catching up on all that I've missed. Looks like a lot of people were taking breaks from blogging this summer. I wish I had such a cute model! How did you get Isla to sit still so long?

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Peg,
paycheque seems to have disappeared into postal delay so I have not arranged for Village Yarns. Also sick this week. Just an annoying week all around. But I'm determined to get there soon!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How very cute! Orange is definitely Isla's colour :) I really enjoy reading your blog and the pictures brightened up my day!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

I am re-writing my comment because I just popped in and saw I had written "Pet" instead of "Peg." :<) Anyhow, the dog is adorable, and this was a wonderful post.

3:10 PM  
Blogger My Five Sons said...

My Jack Russel would be too indignant to stay around long enough for a photo!!
I always crosshatch my bickies when I make them and the boys do too when they help,it makes them look so much more yummy!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

Ha Ha! The facial expression in that last pic speaks volumes.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting