Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, September 27, 2007

So You Don't Have Any Pics!

I have decided that I can still post without pics, as that seems to be some of my hold up lately.

Is it the time of year, or is it me? I notice someone else who happens to be a 'cancer' stated that her mood was not great just now. Perhaps my planets are in the wrong position!!

I was just looking at my library's new acquisitions, and they have Elizabeth Zimmermann's DVD. There were not a lot of details on it, but my name is on the waiting list. I am third in line, so it will be a week or two, but I want to see it and perhaps then order a copy for myself. I have done that previously with knitting books - I like to handle them a bit longer than the bookstore owner wants me to, so the library will loan them to me for three weeks and I can sit and stare as long as I wish!! If I like more than a couple of patterns, I order from my bookstore or online!!

I am currently working on an EZ Rib Warmer Vest and a Baby Surprise Jacket - restful knitting, and just what I need for the moment.

For any gals who get the Canadian Living magazine, there was a nice little kimono-style baby sweater in the last issue. I tore it from the magazine and stashed in my binder. I have taken several binders and I store patterns from the internet; enlarged charts; hints on knitting practices and handling of stash, etc. in them. I worry that 'free' patterns on Knitty.com might disappear. Probably not likely, but I want to be safe - rather than sorry.

Just a quick post and I will get the camera out and get busy, as I have a few FOs to photograph!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hi Peg,
Hmm, I may have to get on the waiting list for that DVD as well.
I also have a binder or two for patterns. If I don't print them off or save them somewhere I forget where I've seen them!
I love your Rib Warmers.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Good morning Peg,
I hope your planets will be today in a better position ! Yesterday, it was my mother's birthday(80 years). She struggles breast cancer twice, when she was 47 and 74).
Thanks to you I bought 2EZ books and knit my first rib warmer last week; it's a blue one and I'am very confortable with it ! I 'll begin an english class in 2 weeks, to improve my english level and so write more often!
AmitiƩs !

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting