Wool in my soup

I am a 67 year-old grandmother living on Vancouver Island. I have crocheted, cross-stitched and rug hooked, but I always had yarn on needles. Recently knitting has become my primary hobby!

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Do You Remember Your Semaphore?



If you remember your semaphore from Girl Guides or probably Sea Cadets, I have spelled out (I think and hope) the name of this little sweater. If not, and you remember, let me know - not that I have much use for semaphore anymore, but I thought it would be fun to let the little sweater signal to you!

I learned semaphore in Girl Guides, but have never had a use for it! I also got my Knitter's Badge or something like that. I can remember having to knit a 'square' in Brownies and it was absolutely filthy when it was finished, but a wash and a prayer and I got my badge!!

I used some reclaimed yarn from a sweater and left overs from sock knitting to make this little sweater for - well, a good reason will come along!! The blue is cotton, but it is so soft and the colour is wonderful, I think. I am now knitting the February baby sweater (my 4th, I think) from EZ's Knitter's Almanac, with the remainder of the blue cotton! I have been trying to use up some stash!

I did order the Wool Gatherer from Schoolhouse Press and also a DVD and a copy of the book 'Knitting Around' by EZ.

Now, time to get back to my knitting!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Love the stripes!!

10:38 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Cute! I must order the Knitting Around DVD. They have EZ reading from her digressions. That would be priceless..

4:32 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Now that is cute!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

What a brilliant idea for a series of photographs, Peg!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Oh, I love it. When you say "girl guides" all I see are the women in To The Manor Born.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hmmm . . . must go dig up that Girl Scout book. But nice sweater :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Lene said...

Little baby things are lovely knits. And EZ is a great companion.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

It looks so lovely, Peg. And isn't EZ so much fun? Every time I dip into the book you gifted me I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

9:52 AM  
Blogger LoriAngela said...

EZ is always satisfying. Lovely sweater. I didn't go to Girl Guides as my 3 older sisters did, but I did just buy a lot of cookies to serve at our Youth Group.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Sidsel said...

Lovely small jacket...Some kind of nostalgic finding those things made loong ago..I just found 2 small jackets of my own..Knitted about 20 years ago..Take care..Greetings from Sidsel,Norway :)

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting